Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NATIVES by Akala (Kindle Edition) 99p at Amazon
NATIVES by Akala (Kindle Edition) 99p at Amazon

<strong>£0.99 - Amazon</strong><br />Natives: Race and Class in the Ruins of Empire - The Sunday Times Bestseller<br /><br />SHORTLISTED FOR THE JHALAK PRIZE | THE JAMES TAIT BLACK PRIZE 2019 | THE BREAD AND ROSES AWARD FOR RADICAL PUBLISHING 2019<br />LONGLISTED FOR THE 2019 ORWELL PRIZE FOR POLITICAL WRITING<br /><br />'My book of the year. It's personal, historical, political, and it speaks to where we are now. This is the book I've been waiting for - for years' Benjamin Zephaniah<br />'Powerful ... The kind of disruptive, aggressive intellect that a new generation is closely watching' Afua Hirsch, Observer<br />'Part biography, part polemic, this powerful, wide-ranging study picks apart the British myth of meritocracy' David Olusoga, Guardian<br />'Inspiring' Madani Younis, Guardian<br />'Lucid, wide-ranging' John Kerrigan, TLS<br />'A potent combination of autobiography and political history which holds up a mirror to contemporary Britain' Independent<br /><br />Hardback is £27 so this is a bargain. Had it on my Watch List for a while, just noticed the price drop.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/natives...on-3246577